12/5/13 UPDATE: STATEMENT FROM SAMANTHA DODSON'S PARENTS, STEPHANIE AND JOHN DODSON, READ BY SISTER SARAH DODSON DURING TODAY'S 1 P.M. PRESS CONFERENCE
SARAH DODSON: I want to read a statement to Samantha from her parents, John and Stephanie. They've asked me to speak for the family.
Sami, your mom and dad are worried about you. Your brothers and sisters are worried about you. Your friends are worried about you. It's cold out there, and you just can't be out in that cold.
Please call us, or call 911, and let us know you're safe. Please come home.
A lot of worried people are out looking for you right now. Your friends are sharing their concern and spreading the word. And the community is doing everything they can to find you.
Please call and let ALL of us know you're okay.
Your family and friends love and miss you.
EARLIER: PRESS BRIEFING SET FOR 1 P.M. TODAY; NEW CLEAR CHANNEL BILLBOARDS; TEAMS SEARCHING NEWELL CREEK AREA; DODSON AND McCUNE MAY BE USING PUBLIC TRANSIT
Morning updates on the search for 13-year-old endangered runaway Samantha Dodson, who may have left with 40-year-old male Kelsey McCune:
- A press briefing is set for 1 p.m. at the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office Brooks Building (9101 SE Sunnybrook Blvd., Clackamas, OR 97015).
- The search is continuing, with the help of the FBI and other agencies. SWAT personnel, working with search-and-rescue (SAR) coordinators, are searching the Newell Creek area in Oregon City. SWAT is a uniquely skilled team well-qualified to search this terrain. They are also the largest law-enforcement resource that could be activated quickly to work with SAR coordinators.
- Authorities believe Samantha Dodson, age 13, and Kelsey "Patrick" McCune, age 40, may be using public transit. They may also have camping equipment. The Sheriff's Office is concerned about Dodson's welfare because of the record-cold temperatures expected to last for days -- leading CCSO to deploy extra resources in this case.
- Dodson's family and law enforcement are deeply concerned, and urge her to contact 911 or family as soon as possible to make sure she is safe.
- Kelsey McCune has no known address, but is known to make money doing freelance computer work. He may be carrying large duffel bags and/or backpacks with camping-type gear.
- Thanks to the help and cooperation of the FBI and Clear Channel, a new billboard is going up on McLoughlin Boulevard featuring the latest known photo of Samantha Dodson. Two more Clear Channel billboards are also planned for Washington County. An image of this billboard is attached to this release.
- Also attached to this release is a PDF of the latest public bulletin on the case. It contains a Photoshopped image of Kelsey McCune without facial hair.
- Again: If you see Samantha Dodson or Kelsey McCune, please call 911 immediately. Tips and info can also be sent to our Tip Line -- by calling (503) 723-4949 or by using the online e-mail form HERE