Seattle Seahawks

 

Seahawks call Marshawn Lynch accusations "bogus" - Aug. 12, 2014

Marshawn Lynch #24 of the Seattle Seahawks carries the ball during an NFL game as Jairus Byrd #31 of the Buffalo Bills attempts to tackle him at Rogers Centre on December 16, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images)

by Curtis Crabtree
KJR reporter
Twitter: @Curtis_Crabtree

RENTON - The Seattle Seahawks released a statement Tuesday morning calling claims of a possible assault and destruction of personal property against running back Marshawn Lynch "bogus."

The Bellevue Police Department issued a statement Monday that Lynch was being investigated in connection to an incident that occurred at 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning at a downtown Bellevue apartment unit.

The female victim claimed Lynch was involved in the incident.

"While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus," the Seahawks said in a statement.

The Bellevue Police Department said Monday they were investigating the incident and attempting to determine if Lynch was even involved. Public Information Officer Seth Tyler said there was no new information to release on Tuesday.

"This case remains a high priority for our department and we are committed to bringing this investigation to a quick resolution," Tyler said in an e-mail. "We have a full time detective working this case and that detective has made significant progress in investigating these allegations fully and thoroughly."

Head coach Pete Carroll didn't offer much further comment on the matter.

"I'll just go along with the statement that we made for right now and support whatever the statement was from the club," Carroll said. "It's not a topic for us right now. We're not talking about it."

Lynch took part in practice Tuesday a day after the allegations were made public. Lynch has ramped up his workload since reporting a week late to training camp following a contract dispute. Carroll remarked Sunday that Lynch was beginning to round into form.

"He looks great," Carroll said. "He's in great shape, he looks just as fit as he ever has. His weight is way down. He's really worked hard to get here, and even through a trying time, he really kept his focus and did a nice job of getting ready, and it showed today, you can tell."

Harvin fine after injury scare:

Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin made a brief trip to the locker room Tuesday after suffering an apparent injury to his lower leg.

Harvin limped to the sideline before being attended to by the team's training staff and was taken inside the team's facility.

However, it turned out to be a false alarm.

Harvin was stepped on and got scraped up by a teammate's cleats. After some brief attention, Harvin returned to the field for the end of practice.

"He got stepped on," Carroll said. "Yeah, he got stepped on, on the back of his heel. He got scrapped up pretty good. He’s okay though."

Offensive line finally works together:

After having various pieces miss time over the first three weeks of training camp due to injury, the Seattle Seahawks finally had their first-team offensive line all on the practice field working together on Tuesday.

Left tackle Russell Okung received his most extensive work since returning to the practice field last week after offseason foot surgery.

Guard James Carpenter (calf) and center Max Unger (groin) were also back to full participation after missing time over the last two weeks.

With Okung, Carpenter, Unger, guard J.R. Sweezy and tackle Justin Britt all working together, it was the first time Seattle's presumed starting offensive line was able to work together.

"I think Russell [Okung] got a little tired today," Carroll said. "He got his first big dose of work but he did well. It was great to have James [Carpenter] and Max [Unger] and everybody going. It really feels good for us to see that we’re going to start the process of the continuity that’s so important there."

 

 

More Articles